Friday, December 10, 2010

Sharing a Common Opinion

I was really interested in the topic that Cheris chose, and I agree with her in many ways. I would like to see our politicians in general open up a page in the social network and be able to answer any doubts, complains or just simple questions we as citizens may have. I think it’s an awesome idea because we will be able to see our Politician’s real point of view towards any topic because they will be put on the spot.

I personally need an extra push towards my political views and I will totally be interested in getting this experience through a page like FaceBook or Twitter. I will get the chance to think of my questions and get answers quickly unlike we do now; because most of us don’t send letters to our politicians addressing our concerns. I think it will bring up the voting rate for any elections because we will get the chance to chat and be friends with the candidates running through the social page. Unfortunately the down side about this idea is that many angry or upset people may comment or argue a topic in an ugly manner and it will be posted on the open Net. Also politicians may not be the ones answering the questions but one of their secretaries, and this will defeat the purpose of the whole idea. I believe that in the future more politicians will be encouraged to open up their own social network page and we, the young adults, along with the rest of the world will be able to follow them.  
             

No comments:

Post a Comment